Dagbon Net Foundation is a non-governmental organization registered in Ghana and in Canada (as Dagbon Net Incoporated). Dagbon Net Foundation seeks to institute an endowment fund to promote education; preserve the culture, tradition and language; and promotion of economic sustainability of Greater Dagbon (Dagbon, Mampruggu, and Nanun). Annual withdrawals from the endowment fund shall be used to fund strategic projects to achieve the set goals of the foundation.
Until now Dagbon Net embarked on projects when the need for support arose. For such project, fund raising campaigns were carried out to raise funds for the project. The project were mainly aimed at bringing about meaningful development in educational and health sectors of the society. Some of the development projects undertaken by Dagbon Net include:
- Donation of school supplies and sporting equipment to Zogbeli Primary School, Tamale (1998).
- Donation of assorted books to second cycle institutions in the Northern Region, Ghana in collaboration with Rotary Club International, Kanata-Nepean Chapter, Canada (1996 and 1998).
- Donation of personal computers, computer software and computer accessories to Business Secondary School,Tamale; Northern School of Business, Tamale; and Yendi Secondary School, Yendi (1999 and 2000).
- Donation of mattresses and equipment to Shekinnah Clinic, Tamale.
- Donation of tables and chairs to Zogbeli Primary School, Tamale (2000).
- Donation of tables and chair to Gbollo Primary School in Tamale(2010).
- Donatoion of assorted books to University for Development Studies, Tamale (2010)
- Donation of medical equipment and supplies to Tamale Teaching Hospital in in collaboration with Save the Children Fund, Louisville, Kentucky (2012).
Dagbon Net Foundation is administered by a Board of Governors. The board of governors is made up of
Dr. Nashiru Issahaku,
Governor, Bank of Ghana,
Ms. Afi Azaratu Yakubu,
Dagbon Net Incorporated is governed by three directors:
Assistant Director (rtd),